Wednesday 27 January 2016

LITTLE STAR BABY BLANKET

It was really just a matter of time before I made a baby blanket in preparation for our little one. I put it off for a long time, but while I have a long list of things I'd like to get done around the house, I also have a long list of crafty baby projects I'd like to get done. And if any of it's to get done at all, I better get started, huh?

As you can see, my blanket model Bo approved very much. Half the time while I was knitting it she would jump up on my lap and try to snuggle in it, so she was quite happy when I was finally done with it and she got to lie in it for a little while (though a bit less happy when I was done taking pictures, shooed her away and folded the blanket neatly away).

Other projects I'd like to get done in time include some other knitted items, a mobile and a quilt (!), which should be interesting as I've never quilted before, nor do I think I have the patience for it at all. I'm also trying to convince Graeme to make one of those cute wooden baby gyms, as they seem very simple and so much nicer looking than a lot of the ones you can buy. Not sure all of it will get done, but at least now that's a baby blanket ticked off the list!



The pattern is this one from Pickles, and the yarn is Drops' Baby Merino 100% wool in grey.

No comments:

Post a Comment