Sunday 24 January 2016

WORK IN PROGRESS: OUR BEDROOM

I have a huge list of things I'd like to get done before the baby arrives in April. It's a pretty unrealistic list, but that's just how I operate. And a lot of the items on my list aren't even really baby related, more like stuff that I'd like to get done in general and that I worry would get put off until forever if we waited until after. As new parents with limited baby knowledge, I assume we're gonna have our hands full.

One of the things on my list was to paint our master bedroom. This is definitely one of those non-essential and non-baby related things, but it's something that's been on my to do list for a very long time, and should be relatively easy to tick off...right? And, currently our guest room is just across the hall, so it's really not a big deal sleeping in there for a few nights while the room is painted. Our plan is to turn this guest room into a nursery and have our guest room downstairs instead, so it makes sense to get the room done before then. And you have no idea how sick I am of those beige stripes (that were ALL over the house, you might recognize them from this kitchen before post), so I'm very excited to see them go!






And it probably would have been a pretty quick paint job, had we not discovered a pretty nasty patch of black mold underneath one of the windows. You can kinda see it through the wallpaper in the below photo actually, but it looked a million times worse once the wallpaper was removed. So what we assumed would be a pretty quick update is already proving to be a bit more elaborate than expected. We've had a professional come look at it, and it appears there's been a leak so the whole window will have to be replaced before we can continue. Bummer. And as the window factory we should be receiving our window from suffered huge damages this winter due to flooding, delivery could take up to a month. Double bummer. So as it turns out, not such an "easy task to tick off" after all! Guess we'll be camping out in our guest room for a bit longer than what we expected. On the upside though, I'm glad we discovered it so we can get it fixed. I shudder to think of how long we've been sleeping in a mold infested bedroom!


I'm still pretty excited about actually having started the room though. It might end up taking a bit longer than expected, but I've got my eye on the prize! So in addition to replacing the window and re-wallpapering and painting the walls, we also plan on adding black out blinds (which I think Graeme is the most excited about, he hates how light it gets in summer when the sun really never sets haha), and adding some cute shelves or artwork on the walls. So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment